Friday, January 11, 2013

President's Day

Mark your calendars, President’s Day is just around the corner.  We just finished taking our NWEA test and I saw some of the questions that were being asked.  My brain started ticking and Walla, here is what I’ve come up with! First, our  class will read biographies about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln around Presidents' Day. We will take time to dive deeper into the information. I have created a  file to explain what a biography is and to look at the details of their lives - in timelines, looking at their character traits (both inside and outside), as well as comparing and contrasting the Presidents.  I like that the students can be involved in their learning with this interactive lesson!

President Biography

During our Daily 5 and Guided Math lesson, I  plan to incorporate stations that align with the standards our students will be assessed on.  We have been working on number patterns and finding the  rule.  We also are working on long vowel patterns and r-controlled words.  I plan to use the activities found in our Presidential Pack to help my students learn in an engaging manner.





No comments:

Post a Comment